Sunday, March 22, 2015

Four

My sweet baby girl celebrated birthday eve today with us.  She is such a happy girl who giggles and smiles all the time. 5 years ago, we had no idea we would have such an amazing girl to call our daughter.  She has such a tender soul and is loving and sweet.  And she is the best sister anyone could ask for.
We spent birthday eve taking out little princess to the Cinderella movie.  She was thrilled to go and had to dress the part.  She had the world's biggest smile, hidden behind giant bag of popcorn and slush puppy, for the entire movie.  And she kept hugging mine and Daddy's arm which she does when she is excited.  It was a wonderful afternoon with our little lady.
 
 I enjoyed every second of Chesney's last day of 4.  I stole the last 4 year old snuggles and about 50 last 4 year old kisses.  And I told her I didn't want her to grow because I wanted her to be my little girl forever.  And she promised me that "I'll always be your little girl, Mommy.  Even when I get married."  I'll pull this post out at that time to remind her of this promise.  I watched Father of the Bride a couple weeks ago, and the dad has a line on his daughter's wedding day about how he will never see his little girl in her nightgown at the breakfast table again.  Ever since I watched that movie, I think about that every morning while I watch my little girl in her nightgown at the breakfast table.  These moments are fleeting, and I want to take in every bit of it. Tomorrow we will celebrate 5 years of beautiful smiles, warm hugs and sweet kisses.  And we will have birthday breakfast with the birthday girl in her nightgown and then spend the rest of the day making her feel like the most magical and special princess in the world..because she really is.  Happy last day of 4 sweetie! We love you Chesney Sue!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Chesney! 5 years old - seems like yesterday when you were that little baby! We love you, Grammy and Grampy

    ReplyDelete