Saturday, January 19, 2013

Brecken's Birth Story

Since Brecken was overdue, we scheduled an induction for Tuesday, January 15, 2013.  We arrived at the hospital at 6 am ready to meet our little boy.
Waiting for to start the Pitocin which was started at about 7:40 am.  My doctor asked the nurse if she thought we could have a baby by 1 pm.  Challenge accepted!  

Contractions slowly intensified as we paced the halls for a couple hours.  At 11:30 am I was only dilated to 3 but the contractions were picking up so I decided to get an epidural.  It looked like the 1 pm mark was out of the question.

About 30-45 minutes after getting the epidural, I was completely dilated and ready to push.  Talk about moving fast!  My doctor just happened to swing by when the nurse was checking and ran to get his scrubs on.  The room was not set to deliver so the nurse called back-up, and they hustled to get ready.  Brecken arrived with one push at 1:08 pm.  
 I was in love the second I saw my baby boy's precious face.

He was measured, weighed and cleaned before coming back to my arms to warm up.
 His first foot prints!
 
 Not long after he was born, the nurse gave Brecken a bath.  From there out, it was all snuggling with our little boy and falling deeper in love.
 
  Brecken's birth was such an amazing adventure and way quicker than expected.  For making us wait so long to meet him, he flew into the world on his birthday and immediately stole our hearts.   We love you sweet Brecken!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment