Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and Baptism

Yesterday was a very special day for two reasons: it was my first Mother's Day and Chesney was baptized.

Chesney was baptized today during the 9:45 am mass. I was so nervous that she would cry through the entire service, but she slept the entire time, even through the baptism. And she looked so beautiful in her baptismal gown, which was made by her Grandma.

We were so happy that both my family and Chuck's family could be there to celebrate such an amazing day with us. Jon and Tanya and Kate, thank you so much for being Chesney's godparents! We know that you will always love her and look over her.

Getting ready! Grandma made her gown.


 
 
 
 
 
 Chesney's Godparents, Kate, Jon and Tanya.
 
 
 
Since today was also, Mother's Day, it was an extra special day. We prayed to be parents and be blessed with a baby, and it is so amazing that we now have the baby we prayed for. Happy Mother's Day to my mom and Chuck's mom as well! And to all you mommy's with a baby in heaven or those of you who are waiting to be a mommy, I pray for your comfort and God's blessing.

Chesney Sue, I am so proud to be your mommy. Since you were born, I knew that God put me on this earth to be a mother. I still get tears in my eyes at least once a day when I look at you because you are such an amazing gift! Thank you for melting my heart everyday! And thank God for choosing me to be your mommy! From your first morning smile to your last good-night kiss, I love every minute I get to spend with you.

I'm so excited to watch you grow and learn. I will protect you and love you forever! Chesney, I am the luckiest woman in the world because I get to be your mommy! I love you more than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment