Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2 Month Check-up

Chesney went for her 2 month check-up on Monday. I was not looking forward to this one because I knew she was getting shots. I thought I would have no problem watching Chesney get her shots because I order them for kids all the time. But...I fell apart when they stuck her with the first two. That poor little face looked up at me while she screamed. It looked like she was saying "Mommy, please help me!" I, of course, started crying too and just wished they would hurry with the last one so I could snuggle her and make things better. The crying stopped shortly after I picked her up.


Later that night however, she developed a swollen, red, and warm right thigh. She had received one injection in that leg which was a combination injection of DTaP, Polio, and Hib. Dr. Van Beek thinks she reacted to the pertussis in the DTaP portion. Luckily the swelling, redness, and warmth improved with cool compresses and Tylenol.

I'm so happy that appointment is over with! I'm not looking forward to her next shots at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment