Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ladies Night Out

Well last night I went out with 3 ladies from work. I have never been away from Chesney for more than about 2 hours at a time. But I had a bottle of milk in the fridge just in case she got hungry while I was gone. The kicker is that we had never tried to feed her with a bottle before. But I guess you have to start sometime, right?

It was a good thing the bottle was ready because I ended up staying out for almost 2.5 hours. And I had so much fun! I must have checked the clock a million times while I was out though, and when I left I was so nervous that she was probably at home screaming. I called the house on the way there but no one answered...which made me more nervous.

However, when I walked in the door there was total silence. In the living room baby Chesney was asleep in her daddy's arms with a nearly empty bottle on the coffee table. It was the first time since she was born that I felt like someone other than myself could take care of her. I was also so proud that Chuck did such a good job of taking care of her. And I think it made him feel good too because he was able to calm her and get her to sleep. It is so much easier for me to bond with her because I feed her all the time. He doesn't get the chance to do that, so he really enjoyed feeding her.

I guess my next task is to take longer and longer times away from Chesney. But I think I will wait for a little while. I think this transition is harder on me than her.

No comments:

Post a Comment