Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Night Before Kindergarten

I have to send my little girl off to kindergarten tomorrow. I don't know how it happened but five years slipped through my fingers and now I have to let my baby go. I have a serious attachment issue with my kids which I am well aware of.  Sending Chesney away from 8am - 3pm daily is pretty much devastating. 
 Chesney, I have loved every minute I have spent with you and have been blessed to have the summer off to play, cook and dance.
 
 
 Tonight is the night we snuggle you close because we know you will grow by leaps and bounds by the end of the school year.
 Tonight is the night we celebrate you being five because by the end of the school year you will need two hands to count your age.
Tonight is the night we read you a special story and tell you how wonderful kindergarten will be.  We give you endless kisses and hugs, and tonight we ask for one more hug before you get a chance to ask.
 Tonight is the night I put on a brave face for you while my heart is hurting on the inside.  Tonight is the night I will cry because I know that I won't be able to see your smile all day long any more.  I won't get to hear your silly stories from sun up to sun down. And I won't get to pretend with you from breakfast to dinner.  But I will be so excited to make the most out of every second from 3pm until bedtime.
Tomorrow you will have more fun than you can imagine, and kindergarten will be more amazing than you ever dreamed.  And just like last year, you will share your precious smile and sweet giggles with your teacher and classmates. I will miss you all day long little buddy so be ready for tight hugs and heaps of kisses at pick up time!
Love you more than I can put into words little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment