Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Day in the Life of Chesney - Age 1

Today I decided to document Chesney's day.  Kate over at When Hello Means Goodbye has done this post for her little guy for the past few years, and I think it is a great idea.  It is a great way to see how things change from year to year.  And I already look back and wonder what I did with all my time before I had Chesney to keep me busy.  This will be a good reminder of what life was like.

6:30am  I wake up shortly before Chesney and make the bed.

6:35am  Chesney wakes up.  After a quick diaper change, we play in the playroom, mainly in her new playhouse for 45 minutes.  Then Chesney decides she is hungry.


7:15am  Chesney is loving oatmeal right now so I make her oatmeal.  While her oatmeal is cooling, she helps me clean out the dishwasher.

7:30am  Chesney eats breakfast while I put ribs in the crock pot for dinner.
7:45am We go outside to play, and Chesney goes over to the bike and says ride (which means she wants to ride in the bike trailer).  So we hook the bike up and off we go.  Chesney loves to play at the park, so I decide to ride to a nearby school.  We played at the playground for about 30 minutes and then came home.
9:00am We no more than got back from the bike ride, and Chesney took the water bottle which I brought on our bike ride and threw it in her stroller.  So I put her in the stroller, and we went for a short walk.  She kept saying puppy during the walk, but sadly we couldn't find any this time around.
9:30am  After a short break inside to change into a swim suit, we head out by the pool for Chesney to play for a bit.  After she got tired of that, we planted the flowers from Great Grandpa's birthday party in one of our pots.
 
 
10:10am  Chesney is hungry for a snack so she has some grapes and a cracker.

10:30am  Chesney plays while I vacuum the stairs.


10:45am  We head upstairs to play in the playroom and read books.  It is very hot in that room, and we are both sweating after a little play so we showered to cool down.

12:00pm  Lunch time!  Chesney has quesadilla, carrots, and strawberries with milk.  She has figured out how to use a fork to pick up food.
 
12:30pm  Outside to pick up and wash out the recyclable bin and play on the deck.  Then we came in to read some books.

1:00pm  Nap time.  I catch up on uploading pictures to the computer and updating the blog.  And then I do some cleaning. 

3:30pm  Chesney wakes up and has some banana bread and yogurt for a snack.


4:15pm  We head to Target to get some essentials.  (See Grampy, we did our part today to keep Target in business!  I know you expect nothing less from us.)


5:15pm  We leave Target and it is raining pouring out.  Chesney is saying "rain, rain, go away".  We get a call on the way home that the tree in front of our rental property has blown down.  


5:30pm  Chesney eats dinner (spaghetti, corn, and blueberries with milk).  After dinner we play on the deck until Daddy gets home.
6:00pm  Daddy gets home, but has to leave almost immediately to start cutting up the tree that fell. : (  So Chesney and I go back up to the playroom to play in the playhouse and to listen to some "Monkeys Jumping on the Bed". (She isn't normally in the nude, but it was pretty warm in there, and I usually take her clothes off when she eats spaghetti).
7:15pm  Bath time!  Side note: Chesney has been saying "poopy" when she goes to the bathroom and sometimes before she goes.  She has popped on the potty twice now in two weeks.  Well she got in the tub and I had just put soap in her hair and she says "poopy, poopy".  So I take her out of the tub and run to our bathroom to get her potty seat (she follows me dripping wet with soap running down her back).  I put her potty seat on the toilet and put her on it.  She says "book" and points to our bedroom (because I usually read her a book while she tries to go potty).  So I run to get the book from our bathroom and on the way back I hear her going potty.  That is the first time she has went pee on the potty!  I'm amazed that she is understanding the concept of needing to go to the bathroom.  Then we finish up her bath.
7:35pm  Chesney brushes her teeth and comb her hair.  We listen to "Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" one more time (at Chesney's request) and read one book.  Then I tuck Chesney in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment