Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Green Bean Queen

Today me and my green bean queen washed, cut, blanched, and froze some green beans which will eventually be turned into some yummy pureed' green mush for the little lady. We've decided to use organic beans (and as many organic foods as possible for that matter) for Chesney and were able to get these from an organic farm in Milton. They look delicious but I honestly didn't try any. I think I was too overwhelmed by the mass of green taking over my kitchen.

We had 6 1/2 pounds of beans to process but thanks to some good napping and playtime, we were able to get it all finished. And we even managed to find some time to Skype with Grammy and Grampy.
Those are some fine looking green beans if I do say so myself!
About 3/4 of the way done washing and cutting the beans.
The official green bean queen (also know as "the helper" and "the beneficiary")
Keeping busy with her rattle.
The final result!

We are now ready to make pureed' baby food. I'm going to wait to make that for a few weeks as she won't start foods until late September. Then the mess begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment