Monday, August 16, 2010

Going to the Chapel

We had such a blast this past weekend celebrating my sister's wedding! She was the most beautiful bride ever...I'm not biased, I just speak the truth!

We started the weekend festivities by decorating the reception hall for the majority of the day on Friday, and then hit the rehearsal and a good ole' rehearsal dinner. Chesney fell asleep at about 6:45pm during the rehearsal and didn't wake up until about 6:30 the next morning.

Wedding morning we headed out early to get our hair done.

The nervous bride before her up-do was finished.


Mandi already looks good at 8 am with her hair half done.
Brynna even had her hair curled and pulled back. A little Cinnamon Toast Crunch and chapstick kept her busy long enough to complete the look.

Almost there...wait for it, wait for it...
Getting her vail placed. We actually had to run to Wal-Mart after Kate had her hair fixed to get some sparkly clips for Brynna's hair. It was so embarrassing walking through the store with Kate in her vail. I told her "do you have to wear that thing every time we go shopping!"
Lacing up her dress. Chuck had to complete the knot at the end because it is tied like a neck tie, and he was the only one there with those skills.
Looking so beautiful and a little nervous.
A little pre-wedding snack. She worked this off or should I say sweat this off in about 30 seconds because it was so hot out!
Brynna had a shopping bag on as a bib to keep her dress clean.
My mommy and little princess ready for the wedding.

The ceremony was outside and was absolutely gorgeous. It was about 90 some degrees with the sun beating on us. But I loved every second of it. Sadly when you are in the wedding it is hard to get pictures of the wedding itself. Fluffing Kate's dress was more important than pictures. But my sister in law Kim caught a few good ones.
Awww
The area the wedding was held was beautiful!

I missed Kayla and Kyle's first dance because a certain little lady needed to be put to bed. Thankfully she slept all night, and the babysitters just had to watch TV. And luckily Chuck got some nice pictures of their first dance.

And then we danced the night away!

My niece Brynna danced to almost every song.Brynna after asking me where baby Chesney was (she was sleeping).
Tossing the garter. If you look close, a number of those guys are already married, but they decided to join in anyways.Bouquet toss. Notice the guys in this photo also.
And Kayla smoked Kyle in the dollar dance! It may have had something to do with the lady collecting the money (me)...I'm just saying.
Brynna's favorite person in the world, grampy.My aunt and cousins are the best! Love you guys!My brother was trying to show Brynna how to slow dance but she insisted on dancing fast all night.

What an amazing day. Thanks for having such a wonderful party for us to share in your special day! And Kyle always remember that Kayla is my baby sister so take her, love her forever, and take care of her for life!

Congratulations Kayla and Kyle! We love you so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was a day I will always remember, a great day. Kayla, you were beautiful! The grandkids were so good and so cute and I have the most wonderful kids and their significant others then I could ever dream for. Thank you all for helping and being such good kids. Proud of all of you!! I am blessed with a great family.

    ReplyDelete