Tuesday, September 4, 2018

1st Day of School 2018

Today was the first day of kindergarten for Brecken and 3rd grade for Chesney. This is my least favorite morning of the year.  I just do not like sending my kids back to school. If I could have them home all day, every day, I would be a happy camper.  Regardless, it was back to school day.
 So we started our morning with back to school pancakes. The kids like it when I make small pancakes so they can stack on the back of a plate or bowl.  I gave them some bananas and mini chocolate chips to make faces on their pancakes.
 
 
 
 And then it was time for the first day of school photos.
 
 
 This is just typical Brecken. I love that silly faced little dude.
 
And Chesney stills pulls off the diva.  Love her to pieces.
 
 
 
 Mackston wanted to join in for the pictures.  He had no idea that Brecken and Chesney would be gone all day.  Brecken and Chesney did awesome at drop off.  Brecken's teacher was great at keeping them busy so there were no tears.
Mackston cried all the way to the car.  After I promised him a bike ride to a park he was happy, and he didn't ask if they were done with school until about 9:15 am. 
 We finished dinner with our traditional back to school cake.  This time we had oreo ice cream cake. It was a pretty big hit.
 Wishing my little sweeties great success and growth in this school year. Love you both!


No comments:

Post a Comment