Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Introducing Mackston

We welcomed our baby boy, Mackston Brian David Dahl, on May 30, 2015 at 6:22 am. Our hearts are so full of love that we can hardly take it.  He weighed 6lb 5oz and was 20 in long. 

I was set for induction on Monday because my amniotic fluid levels had dropped below 5 at my appointment on Thursday.  Happily, I went into labor on my own early Saturday morning.  My contractions started at 2 am and quickly became 5 minutes apart.  We went into the hospital where my contractions picked up quickly.  I got the epidural and by 5:55am I was completely dilated.  At 6:22 am Mackston made a noisy appearance.
The kids came to the hospital to meet Mackston shortly after he was born. They didn't get to hold him at that time because he was still being kept warm by me and hadn't been measured or weighed. I got to hold him for well over an hour before they took him to get measured and bathed. 
 
 
 
 His sister was instantly in love with him. She constantly wants to hold him.  She had to go back to school on Monday and asked her teacher numerous times if it was almost time to go home because she wanted to come home to hold him.
 Brecken took a little time to warm up to him but by the time Sunday late afternoon rolled around, he was kissing his head and talking to him.  He now seems to love him just as much as Chesney.
 Mackston got his first bath at the hospital which he clearly didn't love.
 And then we got to hold our baby boy.
 I love the picture below.  That is mutual love right there.  My heart is bursting.
 
 Chesney spent lots of time at the hospital holding the baby.


 Jeremy, Jessie, Allie and Ryan came to visit.  Mackston shares a birthday with his Aunt Jessie (he's a lucky boy).
 
 
 
 
 We spent one night in the hospital and then went home to be with the big kids. Sunday around noon, we were ready to head home.
 Baby Mackston was introduced to his new home.  It's definitely not quiet but there is a lot of love here.
 Mackston spent the next couple days meeting lots of new people.
 
 
This is when Brecken decided Mac was a keeper.
 
We spent the remainder of Sunday snuggling with our kiddos and letting them hold Mac.
 
 We are so excited to be a family of five and baby Mackston has already stolen our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment